Do It Yourself Evidence. One way to definitively find who we are is is through experience. And knowing this may bring all sorts of benefits, less or no more worry and stress about death, seeing life with a through a larger perspective.
1. Psychedelic induced (shared) trips Our brain already hallucinates most of our vision into being. We know that our minds can hallucinate things into being as well, often a projection of (strong) fear or belief. It's often said that psychedelics will only make us hallucinate. However this does not seem to be the case. While definitively one can experience distortions that feel as if they come from the mind, some hallucinations of other beings, dimensions or state of being can feel extremely real, sometimes realer than this reality even. And while that is not necessarily a convincing argument in and of it self, sometimes people experience these hallucinations together. Either through a vision of the same thing, at the same time at the same spot. Or because people can experience meeting each other in completely mental realms, while having lost consciousness of the body, to later confirm it while consciousness of the body is regained.
A breakthrough experience of any psychedelic it self will often turn the most staunch atheist into adopting a more spiritual or agnostic world view. The video below shows what a breakthrough dose of the molecule N,N-DMT can do to you. It is one of the most potent psychedelics, the molecule is made in our own bodies, and in a host of other plants and animals. Be aware though, a break through experiences can be very very very intense, one needs to be mentally stable to be able to undergo these things and integrate them properly. The epitome of a mentally stable person would be an elderly Zen monk and the opposite of that would be an anxious traumatized child or teenager, brought up into a negative delusional society whom has not developed a healthy mind/identity on his own and is not aware of his true nature, and this goes for most adults in our society. Which by the way is the true cause of mental illness, a broken ego caused by trauma.
2. Shared dreams Our dreams are tricky, a part of our dreams are clearly a recollection of things we experienced during the day, however those who can remember their dreams (don't worry, you can train this) know that there are dreams which are not related to any events experienced by us during the day and that these dreams can sometimes feel much more real and can have beings or people in them that seem to have their own completely unique and complex personality. A way to find out if these experience are real (aside from your own personal experience), is again to can to have them with a friend, family member or partner, simply by remembering your dreams and sharing them with each other. People often tend to find out about this by accident, twins and siblings for example tend to know about this more often.
3. Spiritual experiences (induced by deep meditation) This may be the path that takes the most amount of time to get any tangible results with, and the experience may not always be something verifiable. How ever it's path most probably most worthy of practicing, meditation is so much more than a way to have a fancy experience. In fact, traditions where in meditation is practiced extensively will tell you to ignore the fancy temporary experiences and focus on becoming detached from your mind so that real peace and freedom may be attained. Meditation can still make you experience things that will change your life, like experiencing a state of ego death, where one loses the sense of a personal self and purely exists as a boundless eternal blissful energy, it's also a scientifically proven powerful tool to calm down the mind.
4. Psychic mediums In my research I have found there to be two kinds of mediums; the ones that keep throwing out general unspecific guesses to gauge for reactions and the ones who are being able to consistently bring through specific and intimate information they should not be able to know. Mediums can be a great tool to obtain proof for the soul, it should be easy to determine whether a medium is legit or not, tell the medium you beforehand that you will only pay if they were able to prove themselves to you. Here are a few nice examples of mediums who are able to bring such information through cosistently:
5. Synchronicity This will be the most interpretive form evidence, Many people (on the spiritual path) claim that life can show it self to be led by a higher intelligence because they see how extraordinary 'coincidences' occur not only very frequently but also consistently over one's life. Synchronicity is said to occur when one lives with true love, passion and or one is more focused on experiencing it's true spiritual nature (possibly to show us we are in sync with ourselves. 6. Die Still not convinced of life after death? Time to die! Just kidding. This life is made to be lived, not to be destroyed prematurely. People who have experienced the spirit realm during their Near Death Experience (with all it's glory, bliss and love) are told that their earthly life still matter and that it's not their time to pass on yet, so really, trust that you are here for a reason and make the best out of it, eternity needs no hurry.